Quarterly webinar with our CEO – Learn more about our new product Survalyzer Dashboard
Please click on the link below to watch the Webinar presented in April, 2022:
Not interested in watching the webinar? Read the summary below:
Initially Survalyzer dashboard was considered to be an add-on update to the Survalyzer product. However, due to the large amount of functionality, it was decided to turn it into a separate product. As of now, the Survalyzer product has been dubdivided into three distinct versions:
- The Essential version which is used for small and simple surveys allowing you to create a questionnaire, distribute it to your respondents and analyze its details in a basic dashboard.
- The Professional version which offers more question types, extensive routing types and filter options and a feature to segment the data using the various reporting options.
- The Dashboard version which focuses primarily on analysing and understanding the data, sharing the results with different stakeholders. In addition, both the Professional and Dashboard versions provide you with an update option to the panel Add-On functionality for community management purposes.
A Sample Survey Result Dashboard
This is the outcome of the Survalyzer Dashboard. In the header section you can install filters to be used by dashboard viewers to further drill down into the data. The screen presents you with different types of tiles, all of them consisting of a title, various chart types. For the NPS question type, the data are presented in a gauge-type chart. A stacked bar chart illustrates the percentages of the number of detractors, neutrals and promotors. Response rates are displayed in a text block tile, cf. the Survey Response tile. Maps (on the far right) are supported to visualize the various KPIs (key performance indicators) in a map.
Above you see a more sophisticated tile which segments the NPS data.
In the line chart above, the data are segmented by region and quarter. In order to develop a trend, Survalyzer also offers time-based segmentation of data.
The above segmentation chart on country level is ordered by the size of the NPS value.
This tile reveals a horizontal bar chart and a Survey Benchmark column (on the right) enabling you to compare the actual data from the logged-in user with the benchmark data, which reflects, for instance, the sum total of all responses.
The last tile illlustrates the approach in visualizing the open text answers. A word cloud which is displayed in a tile on the left, shows the terms used in the survey. The size of the terms is inextricably linked to the frequency of use. Please note that binding words can be excluded. The open comments table on the right allows you to decide which additional column information should be displayed for the entered comments.
Survalyzer Dashboard – 8 Components
These are the eight components of the Dashboard version:
- The Layout Builder enables you to visualize or style a report according to the corporate guidelines of your company or your client’s company.
- The Page Builder allows you to structure the contents of a dashboard on one or multiple pages and to design the layout of a page.
- The Chart Builder allows you to visualize table data.
- The Table Builder consists of two types of tables: the ? table allowing you to aggregate data and the raw data table allowing you to visualize raw data tables.
- The Sentiment Analysis component is integrated for a better understanding of open comments. The applied Azure Cognitive Services enable the categorization of open text answers automatically in order for the answers to be recognised as positive, neutral or negative.
- The User Management component allows you to create new dashboard viewers, i.e. users who can access your dashboard and who are granted individual access or view rights to your dashboard.
- The Interactive Data Filter component allows those users to further drill down and filter the data according to their requirements.
- The Data Cube component is basically intended for large data sets, covering more than 500,000 data points. Other calculation types will then be switched to automatically which speeds up the calculation process of the underlying data. The core components in all reports are: Website Integration, Powerpoint Export, MS Excel Export and MS Word Export.
Upon activating the Report layouts menu option under Library, all available report layouts are presented on the Report layouts screen. In order to view the unlimited capabilities of a report layout, you have to select a report layout. You usually have to build a custom header. To do this, you must adhere to the following procedure:
- Select the 1 column container under the Add contents to header or footer button.
- Drag this container to the header of the report layout, thus consituting a header area.
- Now select the Image container under the Add contents to header or footer button.
- Drag this container into the newly-created header area of the report layout. As a result, the Files and media window will pop up on the screen.
- Switch to the appropriate Images folder and select the desired image to be included in the header area of the report layout.
In order to build a more sophisticated header including a logo and a title, you can apply the following procedure:
- Select the 2 columns container under the Add contents to header or footer button.
- Drag this container to the header of the report layout, thus consituting a header area of two elements (cells).
- Now select the Image container under the Add contents to header or footer button.
- Drag this container into the left element of the newly-created header area. As a result, the Files and media window will pop up on the screen.
- Switch to the appropriate Images folder and select the desired logo to be included in the left part of the header area.
- Finally, select the Text container under the Add contents to header or footer button.
- Drag this container into the right element of the newly-created header area.
- Click into the appropriate cell to open the RTE window.
- Define and format the desired report title.
- Click the Save changes button at the bottom-right of the RTE window to include the title in the report layout.
The general settings of the report layout allow you to select the font of the report layout text. You can choose from any of the available default fonts or upload a custom font. In order to upload a custom font, you must click the Select file button in the Typography section. As a result, the Files and media window will pop up on the screen. This time you must switch to the Fonts folder in the Shared directory in order to select the desired custom font of the report layout.
The general settings also enable you to select any of the avaliable color schemes for the report charts. Should you have advanced requirements, you can make use of the CSS style editor allowing you to optimally customize the report layout. By clicking on one of the charts in the report layout, you will open the Report dashboard settings field on the right, which allows you to view the effect of the configured color scheme on all chart types, tiles and tables.
The following reports can be included on the Analyze page of Survalyzer NG:
- Basic report, which is a basic report for the most common use cases.
- Segmented Excel report, which is based on self-defined segments. It is only available, if you are a professional user.
- Pro report, which is an advanced report to be used mainly by BI data analysts. It is only available, if you are a professional user and have purchased a corporate package.
The Basic report is a basic wizard which allows you to define a name, select questions and chart types, specify the filters and activate the report. However, upon clicking the Edit icon of a Pro report, a much more sophisticated user interface will be displayed. Under the green Add content button (located at the top-right corner of the screen), you have different report structural elements at your disposal. The Basic section allows you to build rows, text elements and page titles used to structure the content in a report page. The listed charts and tables can be easily dragged and dropped into the rows inside the report page.
The Report Navigation feature on the right-hand side of the screen (to be activated by double clicking the green Add content button) enables you to create new pages and nest pages in sections. You must select the Response statistics under Report Navigation to be able to modify each element of the page. You can, for instance,
- add a slot footer to enter an explanatory text for the corresponding chart (e.g. Completion rate chart);
- enter a Chart Export;
- change the order of the displayed chart elements by moving them to the left/right;
- collapse and/or expand the chart elements so as to improve the overview.
If you want to customize a page from the Report Navigation, you can easily drag and drop any of the listed charts and/or tables into the appropriate page.